Table of Contents
What is IMPERIAL College London: Rankings, Fees, Courses, Admission Requirement?
Imperial College London was established in 1907. It is ranked among the top 10 universities in the world as it is the only university in Britain that is particularly interested in science, medicine, engineering, and business. It is considered a unique institution in Britain.
It is also a world leader in research, in addition to the practical application of many disciplines, which makes it truly distinctive. The university works to improve the health and engineering facilities of the community.
In this article, we will talk about Imperial College London, its most important majors, and how to get admission from it.
Imperial College London
Imperial College London is one of the public research universities located in London, England.
Where Prince Albert built it on the basis of a cultural vision.
It includes a number of historical places such as the Victoria and Albert Museum, the Royal Albert Hall, the Museum of Natural History, and the Imperial Institute “imperial” in 1851, where Imperial College London was established by the Royal Charter in 1907, the university has several centers And university campuses, including its main campus located in South Kensington, London, teaching hospitals across London, and it also has a creative campus in White City.
What is University Awards?
Imperial College London is one of the universities that includes a number of graduates and employees who have won the Nobel Prize “14 times”, and has won a Turing Prize and three medals in the field of research.
What are Application dates?
Applications for registration at the university for all fields and departments are submitted by January 15 of each year, but if the applicant is for any medical department such as dentistry or veterinary medicine, applications for registration must be submitted by October 15.
what is the Imperial College of London Ranking?
Ranked 8th in the world in the QS World University Rankings, Imperial College London is a unique institution in the United Kingdom, focusing solely on science, engineering, medicine, and business.
Imperial offers a research-based education, exposing you to realistic challenges without easy answers, teaching that opens it all to questions and job opportunities in multicultural and multinational teams.
The Times Higher Education also ranks Imperial College as the 9th best school in the world, in 2015, placed Imperial College as the most innovative college in Europe.
It is ranked by Qs as the 4th best school in Europe.
Facts about Imperial College London
- It is located in the city of London.
- Ranked 9th according to the QS Rankings 2020.
- The university received 14 Nobel Prizes. Among them is Sir Alexander Fleming
- It is ranked 3rd in Europe and 9th in the world, according to The Times Higher Education World University 2019 rankings.
- It was ranked 5th in Europe and 24th in the world according to the Academic Ranking of World Universities 2018.
- It is ranked 5th in the UK according to The Complete University Guide 2020 rankings.
- It is ranked 7th in the UK according to The Guardian University Guide 2020.
- The university has a huge dynamic wave measurement laboratory.
What are the majors at Imperial College London?
The most important disciplines:
- Chemical engineering (2nd in the UK).
- Civil engineering major (1st in Britain).
- Computer science major (4th place in Britain).
- Earth and marine science major (1st in Britain).
- Major in electrical engineering (5th in the UK).
- Mechanical engineering (# 1 in the UK).
Is Imperial College London recommended to study at?
Yes, it is recommended and in all its specializations. In fact, the Elite Foreign Scholarship Program is dispatched to this prestigious university.
The most important buildings and facilities of Imperial College London
The university contains several campuses, including the South Kensington campus, which has many excellent facilities.
Among the most important buildings of the university:
- Aston Webb
- Bessemer Building
- Garden Hall
- Bone building
- Imperial College union
- Student hub
Is it difficult to get into Imperial College London?
Yes, it is hard to get into for some good reasons. The two major determinants in the admission process are, not surprisingly, one’s grades for one’s pre-university education and one’s success in the interview.
What GPA do you need to get into Imperial College London?
To be considered for admission to a Master’s e.g. MSc, MRes, MBA, etc, applicants should hold a Bachelor’s degree with an overall GPA of 3.25/4 or better, though 3.5/4 is preferred.
How do I get admission into Imperial College London?
To get admission, you can follow the following steps:
Obtaining admission to the undergraduate level:
- In the event that the student does not obtain one of these certificates, he must complete the Foundation Year.
- View undergraduate courses.
- Application, if the conditions are complete, can be made via the Apply UCAS website.
- For information about the English language, you can visit this link: English language requirements.
What is the acceptance rate for Imperial College London?
Royal College of London Cost of Living
What are the fees for Imperial College London?
The cost of living in London is very expensive, especially for a student who lives on the surface. Here is a breakdown of the estimated cost of living as a student at Imperial College London.
- Accommodation and other services: $ 8,807.49
- Foodstuff $ 2,593.78
- Miscellaneous $ 2,008.73
- Students from the European Union can apply for a maintenance loan from their government to ease the
- burden of the cost of living, and these loans are repaid after graduation when the student starts earning.
Imperial College London is a college that is highly acclaimed for its outstanding record of ensuring that its students add value to society as a whole, they have produced a student who works in every area of society.
Imperial College London courses
Imperial College London is interested in research only, as it seeks to find solutions to the environmental, health, and technological problems that afflict our societies.
Imperial College London has a wide range of courses for students to choose from, and it currently offers 100 undergraduate courses ranging from aeronautics to medicine, geophysics to biology, hence, every student regardless of his / her course is guaranteed. Imperial College London.
Some of the courses offered by Imperial College London include;
- Aviation Engineering
- Biomedical engineering
- Nuclear engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Computing civil engineering
- Ecology and Environmental Biology
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Mechanical Engineer
- Medical Biological Sciences
- Petroleum Geosciences
- Molecular Bioengineering